*WRITTEN YESTERDAY*
It’s that time of year again we ladies dread, as we dust off the scales to see what unwanted pounds Santa has left behind for us. It a syndrome I like to call ‘The contemplative post christmas melt down’, a self coined phrase but a wide spread problem. We drive ourselves to despair recalling all we have feasted on during the festive season and wondering why that 7th glass of wine was actually needed? why we weren’t satisfied with just one helping of chocolate cake? And why oh why does the period surrounding the 25th of the twelth month give was also the permission for the massacre of all your yearly hard work. Should Christmas be re-named 007, and be given license to kill our diets?
My particular vice was alcohol, as the white wine flowed so did my lack of perception as to just how much I putting away and of course the next days hang over had to be cured by some form of nutritionally void fried substance (I say substance as it wasn’t exactly proper food!) As the days rolled on my Christmas celebration stretched into New Years celebration until I found myself here. The 9th of January.
As I pondered that query of my weeks of 007ing my waist line, sitting beside the scales that hadn’t seen the soles of my feet for over a month, I began to feel almost sickened by my lack of self restraint over the Christmas period. However I reasoned with myself this is the start (not quite the beginning) of a New year and could be the start of a whole New me.
Now don’t get me wrong I am not a small girl, at 5ft 7lb the last time I checked I was 10st 5lb, but having lost yo yo’d my weigh through several years of dieting and having shed 2st over the course of last year. I am well aware of the pitfalls of dieting and I am especially aware that Christmas is to diets as water is to oil, never going to mix. So as I still sit here by my scales (afraid to step on). My solution that I have just minutes ago thought of is this. I have proposed myself the 7 week weight loss challenge beginning officially on Monday of course (why is it you always have to start the diet at the beginning of the week it’s as if you have a self destruct button that we fear with detonate if we begin at any other day but the dreaded Monday).
As I pondered that query of my weeks of 007ing my waist line, sitting beside the scales that hadn’t seen the soles of my feet for over a month, I began to feel almost sickened by my lack of self restraint over the Christmas period. However I reasoned with myself this is the start (not quite the beginning) of a New year and could be the start of a whole New me.
Now don’t get me wrong I am not a small girl, at 5ft 7lb the last time I checked I was 10st 5lb, but having lost yo yo’d my weigh through several years of dieting and having shed 2st over the course of last year. I am well aware of the pitfalls of dieting and I am especially aware that Christmas is to diets as water is to oil, never going to mix. So as I still sit here by my scales (afraid to step on). My solution that I have just minutes ago thought of is this. I have proposed myself the 7 week weight loss challenge beginning officially on Monday of course (why is it you always have to start the diet at the beginning of the week it’s as if you have a self destruct button that we fear with detonate if we begin at any other day but the dreaded Monday).
Anyway, I am currently thinking/ devising a schedule as I write this that I will hopefully stick to for the next 7 weeks in my hope to shed 1 stone (or hopefully more!) and as added incentive to succeed I have decided (stupidly or not to do this mostly daily internet blog). Just the prospect of one other person witnessing my complete and utter humiliating failure I am hoping will serve as my added motivation on those shun those French fry friday’s or those bourbon biscuit Sundays! Now please be warned that I am by no means a writer and am well aware that my life is hardly Sex and the City worthy material. A day could merely consist of
‘went to the shop’s, had food, went home’ but hopefully through other days on my quest to shed this weight and tone up the flab I my just pick up some interesting tips. Or at the very least you may get to witness one of those rare moments when someone actually reaches their goal!
Feeling very aware that I still have one more day to go before I officially begin my challenge I am swiftly putting away those dreaded scales as to not incure any penalization weight I may incure tomorrow. Weigh in day officially: Monday morning.
Time left: 7 weeks (and 1 day I suppose)
Loss aim: 1 stone
Current weight: Unknown
Target weight: Unknown
‘went to the shop’s, had food, went home’ but hopefully through other days on my quest to shed this weight and tone up the flab I my just pick up some interesting tips. Or at the very least you may get to witness one of those rare moments when someone actually reaches their goal!
Feeling very aware that I still have one more day to go before I officially begin my challenge I am swiftly putting away those dreaded scales as to not incure any penalization weight I may incure tomorrow. Weigh in day officially: Monday morning.
Time left: 7 weeks (and 1 day I suppose)
Loss aim: 1 stone
Current weight: Unknown
Target weight: Unknown
’)
No comments:
Post a Comment